C-SECTION OR A VAGINAL AFTER A C-SECTION
November 6, 2010 at 4:44pm
My husband and I are trying to decide what we should do. He seems okay with leaving the decision up to me but I am not sure what I want to do. I know that there are dangers with c-sections and with VACS (vaginal after c-section), I had a c-section with my daughter in October of 2009, and now I am due Jan. 24 2011. I know that they are close and I am not sure if this effects the decision or not. My doctor told me that if I want to have more kids then I should do I VACS, but she also said that I could have 3 c-sections. I know people how have had 3 or even 4. I am just not sure if I can put my baby’s life in danger so that I can have the chance to have more kids in the future. I am not even sure which is better. I want to know what is healthier for my baby. Any suggestions?
A section will be scheduled. This will help with Devin’s job and with the logistics of my cousin watching Zelda. I won’t be in labor as I was with Zelda and even then, I had to have a c-section. This time they cannot induce me as they did with Zelda. I will get more time off work and I have been told that you heal much more quickly with the second c-section then you did with the first. There are risks with a c-section because it is still asurgery, but if scheduled I could chose my doctor and everything will be ready, unlike an emergency c-section. If I have a C-section, I can only have c-sections after that.
If I have a vaginal delivery, I can have more children and I won’t be stuck to having a c-section. After a successful Vaginal, you can have more vaginal deliveries. I won’t be in as much pain after as I was with the c-section. I have also opted to have an epidural. The doctors said that this would make it easier if I have to have an emergency c-section because they can just put more medicine in and not have to worry about setting that up. If I have a vaginal delivery if would be when Van is ready to come, so he would have more time in the womb. C-sections are usually schedules a week or two weeks before your due date, so that you do not go into labor before hand. I am worried that he will not be ready.
This may all sound silly, but I am sure the doctors know what they are doing. I would just like to know what other thought and what they have done.